According to last article,VMAX POS has introduced “ What is in a lcd screen and how lcd display works ” as an example of TFT-LCD screen. And at the ending of the article,we extended the IPS LCD screen but did not explain more details. Therefore,today,we will compare ips lcd with tft lcd to get more valuable information of lcd screen.
Firstly, we should know what is TFT LCD and what is IPS LCD.
1. TFT screen: That means thin film field effect transistor, belongs to a kind of active matrix liquid crystal display.
2. IPS screen: It is a technology based on TFT, and its essence is TFT screen.
Secondly,What are the different advantages of TFT LCD and IPS LCD ?
1. TFT screen: You can ” actively ” control individual pixels on the screen, which greatly improves the reaction time.
2. IPS screen: The arrangement of liquid crystal molecular particles is changed and the horizontal conversion technology is adopted to make the reaction speed of the LCD screen faster and more stable. When dealing with continuous dynamic pictures, one of the advantages of horizontal conversion is to accelerate the deflection speed of liquid crystal molecules, which is reflected in the advantages of fast response speed of IPS hard screen.
Thirdly,What is the main difference of structure between IPS LCD and TFT LCD ?
1. TFT screen: TFT type Liquid crystal display mainly consists of fluorescent tube,light guide plate,polarizer,filter plate,glass substrate,matching film,liquid crystal material,thin mode transistor, etc.
2. IPS screen: Both poles are on the same side,unlike other LCD models where the electrodes are on the top and bottom, arranged in three dimensions.The technique optimizes the arrangement of liquid crystal molecules in a horizontal arrangement. When exposed to external pressure, the molecular structure sinks slightly downward, but the overall molecule remains horizontal.
Advantages of IPS screen :
1. Fast response speed
IPS hard screen technology changes the arrangement of liquid crystal molecular particles and adopts horizontal conversion technology to make the reaction speed of liquid crystal screen faster and more stable. When dealing with continuous dynamic pictures, one of the advantages of horizontal conversion is to accelerate the deflection speed of liquid crystal molecules, which is reflected in the advantages of fast response speed of IPS hard screen.
The motion track of the image is more delicate and clear, and the problem of dragging and shaking of the image is solved. When consumers enjoy high-speed moving pictures for a long time, the IPS hard screen can ensure clear, smooth and real effects, and significantly reduce the irritation to their eyes, which fully meets their health demands.
2. Large ange of View
The viewing Angle of the IPS hard panel can reach 178 degrees. The degree to which the color changes when viewed from the front and from different angles is called the color distortion rate, and it turns out that the values on the IPS hard screen are almost indistinguishable to the naked eye, meaning that the image looks the same when viewed from the front or from the side.
3. True color
This is also a full display of the color fidelity features of the IPS hard screen. The IPS hard screen features excellent color inversion and brightness conversion, enabling you to enjoy bright, saturated and natural images no matter from which angle you view them.